Appropriates $5 Million to Build the Museum
(Sacramento, CA) Today, Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks), Chair of Assembly Budget Subcommittee #4, appropriated $5 million within the Assembly’s Budget proposal to build an Armenian American Museum in Glendale, California.
“The Armenian journey to California—from genocide to prosperity—is a critical thread in the fabric of our State. An Armenian museum recognizing our past would be an excellent addition to our State’s wealth of cultural and historical centers,” stated Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian.
The mission of the Armenian American Museum is to promote understanding and appreciation of America's ethnic and cultural diversity by sharing the Armenian American experience. The Museum will be a cultural campus that enriches the community, educates the public on the Armenian American story, and empowers individuals to embrace cultural diversity and speak out against prejudice.
The museum is patterned after Los Angeles County museums that combine the lessons and experiences of a specific group of residents with the vision of preventing discrimination and improving collaboration between all citizens of the County.
The Armenian American Museum would:
- Serve as a bridge to foster understanding between the multitude of cultures residing in Glendale, Burbank, La Canada, Pasadena, and surrounding areas
- Engage diverse audiences, particularly youth, through enthralling exhibitions, entertaining public programs, and captivating collections
- Provide tools and resources to nurture cultural leadership and promote knowledge, sharing, and collaboration
- Provide an impactful and immersive experience, telling the history of Armenia and the story of Armenians living in America
- Present Armenia’s struggle for liberation, self-determination, and justice
- Preserve, share, and promote Armenian culture and collective heritage
For more information on the museum please visit armenianamericanmuseum.org.
With the help and support of Speaker Anthony Rendon and Assembly Budget Chair Phil Ting, Assemblymember Nazarian is committed to championing the allocation of $5 million for the Armenian American Museum through the next steps of the budget process.
Adrin Nazarian represents the 46th Assembly District, serving the San Fernando Valley communities of Hollywood Hills, Lake Balboa, North Hills, North Hollywood, Panorama City, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Toluca Lake, Valley Glen, Universal City, Van Nuys, and Valley Village.